Extremely delicious, warming and very quick, we have the perfect recipe for you. Our ultimate mug cake recipe is moist and moreish, using one of Cotton and Company’s beautiful bone china mugs. The best excuse for a super speedy breakfast in bed with a twist!
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN REMOVING THE COOKED CAKE FROM THE MICROWAVE AS IT WILL BE EXTREMELY HOT
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (if you have a really, really sweet tooth, you can add a little more sugar)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut spread or mini chocolate chips (or just grated chocolate, or peanut butter etc.)
- In a bowl whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add milk and vegetable oil and whisk until no lumps
- Pour mixture into a mug (you need a couple of inches space at the top for the cake to rise – we recommend our fine bone china mugs which are dishwasher and microwave safe – as well as being the perfect size)
- Drop chocolate hazelnut spread (or whatever you choose) to the middle of the mug
- Place some kitchen role in the microwave to catch any overspill and place the mug on top
- Microwave on High for 70 seconds (Please see note in red above)
NOTE: We used an 800 Watt microwave on full power for 70 seconds. You may need to adjust your cooking time to suit your microwave.